MODSIM2017 Student Awards
Policy and Guidelines
All student presentations accompanied by a full paper will be evaluated by the session organiser, stream leader or deputy, or a nominated proxy. On the basis of these evaluations, commendations will be awarded to the best student presentations. No less than 5% and no more than 15% of students will be awarded commendations. The commendation will take the form of a certificate and complimentary registration at MODSIM 2019.
Students awarded commendations will be selected on the basis of the quality of their presentations in the following manner:
- Prior to the MODSIM 2017 Congress, session organisers, stream leaders and deputies will be e-mailed a list of students and asked to evaluate them for student awards.
- Student presentations which are unable to be evaluated by session organisers due for example to a conflict of interest (being a supervisor or co-author on the paper) will be evaluated by a stream leader, deputy or proxy.
- Members of the student awards committee will also evaluate any student presentations that they attend.
- Student evaluation sheets will be available for collection from and return to a box at the registration desk and will also be provided to session organisers prior to the conference.
- On the basis of these evaluation sheets, no less than 5% and no more than 15% of student presentations will be selected to receive commendations.
- The percentage of students receiving awards in each of the Streams will lie between 5% and 15%.
- Only students who submit a full paper will be eligible for the student prize.
- The definition of a student is anyone who is currently enrolled full-time in an Honours, Masters, or PhD program and who has enrolled in the Congress as a student.
For additional information
Contact Dr Willem Vervoort, Chair, Student Awards Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org